After spending seven years in New York City working as a full-time writer and editor, Kaeli sold everything, left her cushy NYC apartment, and embarked on a solo backpacking adventure through Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Thailand before doing the Working Holiday Visa in Australia and New Zealand. She continued to travel around both countries before returning to the U.S. in March 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, otherwise, she'd still be living by the beach in Perth or continuing her stint as a movie extra in Wellington.
Currently based in Washington, D.C., Kaeli is a seasoned travel writer, copy editor, and web producer whose writing has been picked up by CNN Travel, Fox News Travel, NBC News Travel, Yahoo Travel, and Huffington Post Travel. Her greatest adventure: a two-month solo road trip through the Northern Territory and Western Australia while updating the Outback chapter of Fodor's Essential Australia guidebook.
*Credit card content writer for Business Insider
*Points and miles contributor for Million Mile Secrets (Red Ventures)
*Personal finance writer for Lending Tree (Value Penguin and Thrive)
*Copy editor and web producer at The Plunge, a wedding website for men
Previously, in the pre-pandemic before-time:
* Guidebook writer: researched and updated the Outback chapter of Fodor's Essential Australia
* Columnist at The Points Guy
* Senior Editor at The Points Guy (led the travel department for two years; digital)
* Digital Editor at Budget Travel (started as an intern in December 2010; print, digital)
* Freelance Fact Checker for Visit Florida
* Editor at TripBase and 2nd Chance 4 Pets (non-profit helping abandoned pets find new owners)
Email Kaeli @ firstname.lastname@example.org